The Modor Plastics 3-step QC process guarantees that only the highest quality plastic products are delivered to our customers. We inspect EVERY plastic molded part multiple times to ensure that your expectations are met with minimal risk of defects.
We thoroughly test our thermosets and thermoplastics for insulating properties, electrical resistance, dimensional stability and heat resistance to ensure reliable performance when it matters most.
We understand there are a wide range of industry standards, which is why we design to meet or exceed UL, ISO, SAE, military standards or any additional standards as requested by our customers.
Step 1: Machine Inspection
Parts are initially inspected directly out of our molding machine. Our technicians are trained to identify and rectify the following defects:
- Sink marks that form when the outer plastic shell hardens before the internal plastic has had an opportunity to cool
- Short shots caused when there is an inadequate amount of plastic material to fill the mold
- Burn marks caused by trapped compressed air during the molding process
- Flash marks, which is the excess plastic that extends from the end of the molded part
Step 2: Finishing Station Inspection
Parts at the finishing station are inspected for consistent finishes and textures prior to screen or pad printing.
- Nikon V-12 Optical Comparitor inspection stations can view pieces at up to 50x power magnification
Step 3: Quality Control Department Inspection
Finished parts undergo one final inspection to ensure tolerances are met for every part.
- Digital calipers measure for part accuracy to within =/-.005
Contact a Modor Thermoplastics quality control engineer for more information.